In case anyone is interested, I was looking around at various digital history sites and here are some interesting ones.
The first is the Portal to Texas History which makes available many different materials. I have used this site to look at some of the newspapers from Bartlett, Texas. The Bartlett Tribune was recently digitized (within the last two years) which is wonderful because these papers are not available on microfilm. The Portal to Texas History offers an opportunity to view and search these newspapers.
http://texashistory.unt.edu/
The Texas State Library maintains the 2nd site listed. Texas Heritage Online (THO) includes a compilation of documents, photographs, etc. gathered from various institutions around the state. I did a quick search and the Bartlett, Texas newspaper came up in this database, so I am assuming that some of the UNT collections from above are included in the THO site.
http://texasheritageonline.org/
The next two sites are interest-specific, pertaining to Mexican American history. The second one is pretty cool because it incorporates oral history clips.
http://sites.google.com/site/democracyandeducationorg/chicano-mexican-american-digital-history-project
http://www.farmworkermovement.us/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment